Re: Postfix config

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:15:10 -0500, "Tenant" <tenant@tenant.net> said:
> I'm trying to set up a number of email accounts for the various
> domains we host. We used to run RedHat and Sendmail, so we're
> familiar with that (virtusertable, genericstable and aliases), but
> not with Postfix which seems not to use all of those files. We also
> using Webmin, although when necessary I use the commandline.
>
> I've set up user accounts and somehow it knows, when I can mail from
> an outside source, it comes in as myaccount@domain3.com.
>
> But when I mail from user3@domain3.com back to the outside email
> account, it comes in as user3@domain1.com (the machine's main domain)
> and not from domain3.com.

I use the file /etc/postfix/generic to rewrite from addresses on
outgoing mail.  Not exactly the same scenario as you, though.  I need
to change an unofficial, non-routable internal account@domain to
my email address at my isp.  I used
/usr/share/doc/postfix/html/index.html
choosing the link "Address rewriting", to be useful.  I think I had
to add a line or two to /etc/postfix/main.cf after setting up the
generic file.

HTH
--

  whollygoat@letterboxes.org