Re: What does support mean? (Re: Exim4 with a Goddady account)

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 08:01:28 -0600, Nate Bargmann in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:

> It seems to me that the level of support enjoyed by a particular
> package is dependent on the experience of its users (a package with low
> installation numbers and rank may have highly experienced and
> knowledgable users) and the chance that such users subscribe to and
> read this list.  In other words, it's a craps shoot.

I'm as guilty as the next person in NOT searching the archives and/or the Debian
Wiki; http://wiki.debian.org/PkgExim4 when needing help. I've been getting
better though and find that the combos of this list, the Debian Wiki and
Google (to search this list) that there is excellent support available.
Often better than what I've seen from commercial vendors.

I've never had any problem getting all the help I needed when setting up
Exim in the past from this list. Doesn't sound like you checked the archives ?

--
Regards,
S. Fishpaste