Re: .xsession crashes X (was: Scim does not work with openoffice)

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 04:29:37 -0800, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> I need to create a file .xsession to fill with the following settings:
>
> >> export XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
> >> export GTK_IM_MODULE="scim"
> >> export QT_IM_MODULE="scim"
> >> export LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.utf8
> >> export LANG=ja_JP.utf8
>

> But when I create a file named .xsession, whatever I put in there,
> even also nothing, X doesn't manage to start: it crashes when
> starting.

I don't think that X crashes, it simply exits because it has processed
all the commands and there is nothing left to do. (You do not start a
window manager or any X clients in your session, so it terminates
immediately.)

>            How to solve the problem?  Maybe should I name it with
> another name?

How do you normally start X? Which desktop environment/window manager
are you using? KDE, for example, has its own way of setting
environmental variables for the whole session.

          Florian   |