Re: Exim4 with a Goddady account

* Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> [2009 Jan 24 11:07 -0600]:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 08:20:52AM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > Finally, to close the loop on this, I found that daemon mail from
> > crontab was being sent to the smarthost.
>
> This means you missed this bogus domain listed to be local for exim4.
>
> Did your dc_other_hostnames in /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf listed
> your bogus domain used for local?

No.  It was blank.  I put my personal domain name in that field and
then put that same name in /etc/mailname.

> This is set by "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config".

I edited /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf directly and then ran
`invoke-rc.d exim4 restart' and local delivery is successful and the
personal domain shows in the message headers now.  I also removed the
@localhost host in /etc/email-addresses and everything is working well.

> See
> http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch07.en.html#theconfigurationofexime

Thanks!