Re: Need Help with Display in Chroot

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 02:09:14AM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> Please install lnny version of DR.  The latest is also available at:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/index.en.html
>
> > I have created a directory
> > >
> > > How are your chroot's /sys, /proc, and /dev trees populated?
> > > The best is probably to "mount -t bind /foo /sid-32bit/foo" them.
> >
> > Or, use schroot to set up the environment on-the-fly.  It worked for me
> > like a charm when I needed an i386 Etch chroot when I ran amd64.
>
> If you have specific update suggestion, let me know.
>
> In http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch10.en.html#thechroot
> I have:
>
> For serious chroot setup with the detail configuration, please consider
> to use the specialized schroot package.

None of this solved my problems.  The Debian Reference Manual helped in
other regards but the chroot section is identical with the one I used.
I did, in fact, use schroot - that is instructions I found had me edit
/etc/schroot/schroot.conf and then proceed exactly as the instructions
for chroot.  As far as I can understand them the schroot instructions
indicate that the procedure makes it possible to have multiple chroots
on the same system.  Perhaps I have not found the best references.

Tom