No more automatic standby with new controller card

Hello list,

after switching to a new controller card, the attached disk is not set
into standby mode anymore as configured in /etc/hdparm.conf.

I recently installed a Delock 89143 PCI Express to SATA II x2 and PATA
Host Controller
(http://www.delock.com/produkte/gruppen/pci-express/PCI_Express_Controller_Karte_2x_SATA_1x_IDE_89143.html?setLanguage=EN)
that is based on a JMicron JMB363 chip. Currently, there is only a
single IDE disk drive connected to the controller. That drive is a
Samsung SP1614N.

The PC is running Debian Etch with kernel 2.6.18 and hdparm 6.9. Due to
an entry in /etc/hdparm.conf, the drive should go into standby after 5
minutes of inactivity. That entry is 'hdparm -S 60 /dev/hde'. But
unfortenately the drive stays idle/inactive.

This setup worked flawlessly while the drive was connected to a Promise
Ultra133 TX2. Since I replaced that controller by the Delock 89143, the
drive does not automatically enter standby mode anymore. Instead, it
stays in mode inactive/idle.

Executing 'hdparm -y /dev/hde' by hand successfully puts the drive into
standby mode.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks, Malte