Re: postgresql setup question

On 01/24/2009 06:37 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
I managed to make the postgresql cluster with initdb but can't do

Are you *sure* that PostgreSQL is clusterable?

anything with createuser because postgresql by default is trying to use a unix socket at address 5432. I'm running on amd hardware and don't know what needs to be done to either enable this socket or go with another alternative so this socket problem goes away. In earlier notes I had used to set up earlier versions of postgresql which I used to try to set 8.3 up I didn't have this problem so am wondering what additional information I need.

What error message are you getting? Are you also running an earlier version of PostgresSQL?

I *know* that there's a way to tell PG to use an alternate port. There should be something in the conf file. (It's been a while since I've used PG, so don't remember the specifics. Google should help.)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA