Re: laptop lenny + TV

El jue, 22-01-2009 a las 21:32 -0800, Alan Ianson escribió:
> > Experimenting, i downloded slax iso, burned it, and copied back to my
> > HD; then i added NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-173.14.12, burned the .iso again,
> > and it is working correctly!
> >
> > With Lenny, it can not be installed because no one version of gcc is
> > coincident with the drivers, or the link is missed. How can i identify
> > the correct drivers version plus the gcc version to compile it?
>

> There are nvidia-kernel packages in non-free for lenny. I use those with good
> results.

Is it possible that you mention the steps or the place to find
information?

I installed, nvidia-glx, nvidia-kernel-2.6-amd64,
nvidia-kernel-2.6.26-1-amd64, and nvidia-kernel-common; but nothing
happened.

> I don't have the whole thread to go back and read so I don't know if there is
> some reason why you don't use them. Give them a try if you haven't already.

Really, my problem is what i do not know or understand exactly, what and
how install to connect my laptop Compaq Presario v3000, amd Turion 64x2,
Nvidia Ge Force 6150 Go to a generic tv by the way of s-video or another
form to see videos.