Re: dhclient not updating /etc/resolv.conf

> I recommend you install resolvconf (maybe it's installed already) and
> then you can place a script in /etc/resolvconf/update-libc.d which
> will be run whenever your resolv.conf file is modified (by getting
> some data from DHCP typically). I use this to automatically switch my
> Postfix smarthost depending on where I am.

Thanks, I'll look into this.

>> Even after I explicitly call dhclient ath0 the contents of
>> /etc/resolv.conf stay pointed at the dns servers for my work server.
>> Any tips as to why this doesn't work anymore? I've posted my dhclient
>> config below, in case that's helpful.
>
> No idea, have you changed dhclient's config from the stock Debian
> config? Do you get an IP address via your ath0 interface?

I don't think I changed the defaults, and I do get an IP address on
ath0, but it doesn't do me any good until I manually correct the
resolv.conf file to point at the dns server on my router. The strange
thing is, dhclient *does* modify resolv.conf, changing the search line
from

search SMUNET.SMU.CA

search SMUNET.SMU.CA, no-domain-set.aliant

which is, it adds my home domain, but doesn't delete my work domain, and
it leaves the nameserver lines pointing at my work dns.

??

Thanks,

Tyler

                                       --Wernher von Braun