Re: Serious aptitude upgrade problem

Thanks for your email.

I am running debian testing and I did the following:

aptitude update
aptitude -d upgrade

Now I have downloaded the packages but instead of saying 'aptitude
upgrade' to finish the upgrade I did:

aptitude update
aptitude upgrade

In the meantime I got another package to install but all previously
downloaded packages are marked to be uptodate but they are not.

Try aptitude reinstall package

I did that already. Unfortunately aptitude it can't do this, either:

E: I wasn't able to locate file for the xxx package. This might mean you
need to manually fix this package.

The aptitude database should be refreshed to make aptitude accepting
that this package in that version is not installed, yet. But I haven't
found a possibility to do this.

Flo.