Re: How to force re-config of xorg?

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 05:08:54AM +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> Ken Teague <kteague@pobox.com>:
> >  s. keeling wrote:

> As I say, I've been here before.  It's a simple problem, but I can't
> remember what the solution is/was.

I too remember that it was a simple command.  I ran into it when I was
installing Etch testing on my AMD64 system.  Look in the amd64 list
archives.  It was a one-word command that forced dpkg-reconfigure to
overwrite the file when it wouldn't do it.  And yes, the problem applied
to a file that the user hadn't altered at all.

It may be dexconf.  It unconditionally overwrites its destination file
without checking if it has been altered.

Doug.