Re: Serious aptitude upgrade problem

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:18:22AM +0100, Flo <debianflo@gmx.at> was heard to say:
> Hi,
>
> I think I am running into a serious upgrade problem.
>
> I am running debian testing and I did the following:
>
> aptitude update
> aptitude -d upgrade
>
> Now I have downloaded the packages but instead of saying 'aptitude
> upgrade' to finish the upgrade I did:
>
> aptitude update
> aptitude upgrade
>
> In the meantime I got another package to install but all previously
> downloaded packages are marked to be uptodate but they are not.

  If I understand correctly: you mean that aptitude doesn't even
attempt to upgrade them?

  Could you post the complete output of "aptitude upgrade"?  Also,
could you post the output of "dpkg -s PACKAGE", "aptitude show PACKAGE",
and "apt-cache policy PACKAGE" for one of the packages that should be
upgraded?

    Thanks,
  Daniel