Re: Can't start X after upgrade to Lenny

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 20:21:19 -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:
Florian Kulzer wrote:
Maybe this is related:

This seems to be exactly the problem that I am having. If this problem has been around since at least April of last year and had not been resolved by August, you would think that there would be more emphasis on trying to resolve it.

You can use the web interface of the BTS to send a follow-up message,
stating that you have the problem, too. Ask if there is any possibility
that this can be addressed before the release of Lenny and what you can
do to help. The maintainers will let know what kind of information you
can contribute if someone starts working on the problem.

You can also check out http://bugs.freedesktop.org to see if anything
relevant has happened upstream since last May.
I have not, yet posted a bug report
Yon can try if Xorg from experimental and/or kernel 2.6.28 improve the
situation. (Did you try to put additional options into xorg.conf as I
suggested earlier?)
I have tried all options, one at a time, that seem to apply to my chipset. I also tried the VESA driver with its options. Unfortunately, none of this produced any change in behavior.
I would probably be tempted to buy an nvidia or ati card and dump the
sis driver.
It worked fine in Etch and I really don't want to spend money on a new card if I don't have to.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com