ssh

Hi:
Is any 'send file' command to make so that two machines (an amd64
multisocket and a simple i386, both lenny) talk scp with one another
through a router (attached to adsl) fully without asking the password?

With 'fully' I mean that command:

ssh target_machine_name date

gives the date without asking a password. The mere sending id_rsa.pub
to create the authorized_keys file only works (without asking the
password) for command:

ssh target_machine_name

but if 'date' is also requested, the password is needed (at least in my hands).

I know how to solve the issue, i.e. by cross appending the
authorized_keys files, in order that each machine knows itself. But
there must be a simpler way.

Why that need? Certain parallelized computational codes only work if
the above 'fully' is met. I came once again across the issue in
reinstalling i386 following a died HD.

Thanks

francesco pietra