Re: Ext4 vs Ext3, is it really stable ?

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Adrian Chapela <achapela.rexistros@gmail.com> wrote:
I am doing my own tests with Ext4.

My doubt is about the stability, is it really for production use ? I want to know that because I am really interested in use in production use (like most of us, I think...). I have done some tests about crash recovery and I have seen a good response. I have copied a lot of files and I have cutted power on server. The filesystem is OK after the power is connected again. I want to try with a mysql server on a intensive inserting/writing, I think this is a good tes to do, because a database server needs very reliable filesystem.

Thank you for your testing and *let us know*! i'm very interested and since i've not time to do that by myself... (maybe i'm too lazy?)
bye