Re: [locales] change date/time display format for german locale in lenny like it has been on etch

Am Montag, 19. Januar 2009, schrieb Sven Joachim:

> This is intentional, see the coreutils NEWS file:
>
> ,----[ /usr/share/doc/coreutils/NEWS.gz ]
>
> |   ls now defaults to --time-style='locale', not
> | --time-style='posix-long-iso'. However, the 'locale' time style now
> | behaves like 'posix-long-iso' if your locale settings appear to be messed
> | up.  This change
> |   attempts to have the default be the best of both worlds.
>
> `----
>
> The locales did not change, just the behavior of ls.
>
> Sven

I took a look at the file you mentioned; still don't understand the rationale.
But it gives me what I need to get the wanted, "traditional" behaviour back:
add »--time-style='posix-long-iso'« to my ls aliases in .bashrc.

Thank you for pointing this out.
hk47