Re: problem with usb ports

Thierry Chatelet wrote:
On Saturday 17 January 2009 22:15:58 Engi Zoltán wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have Debian linux server with next kernel: Linux debian-tax
2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-amd64.
Some weeks ago I have expanded memory in this computer (512->1024MB).
Unfortunately, I get the next message: "usb 2-8: new high speed USB
device using ehci_hcd and address 20" and I can't use the USB port. The
pendrive and external winchester does not work.

What is the problem?

P.s: My English not to good.

I don't see the relation between memory and usb. Can you try to remove the added memory stick and tell us if there is any change?

So I have rechanged the memory, but unfortunately there is not change. I can't use outside winchester and pen drive. I get next message: "usb 2-8: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 20".
What is the problem?