Re: laptop lenny + TV

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 17:07:51 -0800, consultores1 (consultores1@gmail.com) wrote:

> El lun, 19-01-2009 a las 01:27 +0100, Emanoil Kotsev escribió:
> > consultores1 wrote:
> >
> > > After 1 year working on it, i went to Nvidia web page, but i found the
> > > same weird situation; "incongruent information". I can not install the
> > > GeForce 6150 v2 driver, because i could not identify and download it. It
> > > looks for me as if it was really better when "KISS" was a premise!
> > > Following a pig, it is found the pigs world.
> > >
> > > PS:
> > > I am not able to continue whit this, thanks
> > >

> > I just did an upgrade at my fathers notebook and could download the nvidia
> > driver. It was easy and intuitive. Don't know what kind of problem you've
> > had with it. Try again or just try the X native nv driver.
> >
> > regards
> >

> Thanks for help.
>
> I would like to try again with the private Nvidia drivers, could you
> send me the link? I went to GiForce, then i found series 1-2-3-4-5-6; i
> choose 6, and there, there were not anything related to my "Nvidia
> Corporation C51 [Geforce 6150 Go] (rev a2)"

If you haven't already, you ought to read the Debian Nvidia Graphics
Drivers Wiki at http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers which
includes links to lists of supported cards.

One of those links is to
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/173.14.09/README/appendix-a.html
which is "Appendix A. Supported NVIDIA GPU Products" and
which has these listed:
GeForce 6150
GeForce 6150 LE
GeForce Go 6150
GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

That third one above looks like yours.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.