Re: TEST: Can I post to debian-users? EOF

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Allan Wind <allan_wind@lifeintegrity.com> wrote:
On 2009-01-18T17:33:04, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Are test messages really so common and burdensome that you can't
> ignore them?

I find it inconsiderate of the sender to use a mailing list, with
thousands(?) of subscribers, for presumably testing his personal mail
configuration.  As such my preference is to automate processing of such
messages as I already do for other subjects like spam.  If it cannot be
done in a way that benefit all members of this mailing list and at the
same time educates the sender, then perhaps a per-user solution would be
an interest to a subset of this audience.  As such it seemed
constructive to inquire if anyone had already solved this technical
problem.  [My emphasis]

I object to messages which use the phrase "as such" to mean "so", or "therefore", or whatever it is you think it means.  But it would be as silly to try to filter on semi-literate uses of "as such" as it would be to try to filter on irrelevant uses of "test" or "help" or other often legitimate words.  This mailing list is an open list.  As such [a correct usage], it accepts all messages, dumb or not (including this one).

Patrick