Re: Debian menu in K menu

On Friday 2009 January 16 15:58:41 Andrei Popescu wrote:
>On Mon,05.Jan.09, 16:13:08, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>> While installing .desktop files to the correct place(s) is good,
>> installing a correct menu file is better.  IMHO, the toplevel "Debian"
>> menu is "noise" and should be deleted with it's contents moving to
>> toplevel in the K menu.
>
>Unfortunately many Window Managers don't support .desktop files. That
>means the Debian menu system is not likely to disappear for a while.

Read me again.  I wasn't proposing it disappear, but rather be more integrated
into the system.  Instead of:

KMenu

+-Stuff
| |
| +-KStuff

+-Crap

+-Crappy Stuff

+-Debian

  +-Stuff
  | |
  | +DebStuff

  +-Utilities

I'd prefer it be integrated like:

KMenu

+-Stuff
| |
| +-KStuff
| |
| +-DebStuff

+-Crap

+-Crappy Stuff

+-Utilities
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))