Re: k3b & brasero don't work, nerolinux does- works ar 2X

On Friday 2009 January 16 09:57:53 Jochen Schulz wrote:
>Joerg Schilling:
>> You as a user are not going to run into problems as the Copyright law
>> allows to run software independent from whether it has been published
>> illegally. Debian however is definitively in conflict with the Copyright
>> law....
>
>So sue them or shut up.

While I want Jörg to "shut up" as much as the next person, I would *greatly*
prefer a solution that doesn't involve Debian allocating resources to legal
proceedings.

Jörg, the evidence and arguments you've put forth so far have failed to
convince Debian to voluntarily stop distributing cdrkit (including wodim),
which you claim violates your copyright.  If you have a goal of resolving
this issue, please provide previously-unreleased evidence or arguments,
preferably those requested by DDs--the persons that set Debian policy.

IANAL, IANADD, TINLA, TINASOTODP.

>If your view is as indisputable as you think, it
>should be no problem to find (financial) support.

In fact, the SFLC may be able to help you.  Their entire purpose is to come to
the legal aid of free software.

>I'd be happy to see
>this issue resolved once and for all.

+1
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))