Re: GNU info documents ? How?

2009/1/15 Paul E Condon <pec@mesanetworks.net>:
> So, if I have a package for which I don't seem to have an
> info document automagically installed via
>
> apt-get install <package-name> ,
>
> and for which I cannot find another package named,
>
> <package-name>-doc ,
>
> is it reasonable to assume that an info document does
> not exist for that package?

Which one? The documentation might be named something else entirely.

2009/1/15 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net>:
> You should check a package's Recommends/Suggests to
> determine what separate documentation, if any, exists.

Recommends isn't going to help here. Policy forbids packages in main
from Recommending packages in non-free. :-( The package can Suggest a
non-free package, though. So "apt-cache search thepackage | grep
Suggest" can be helpful sometimes to find the docs.

- Jordi G. H.