Re: Labeling backup DVD+RW's

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:47:57 -0500
Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 05:22:47PM EST, Mike McCarty wrote:

> > Which reminds me, it's time for my monthly :-)
>
> Aaah .. now, _that's_ not good .. your backups should be automated and
> so you don't have to have to have something _remind_ you it's time for
> your monthly.

I have long wondered about this.  Unless you're doing some sort of
network back up, or you have some really expensive tape robot system,
how can you possibly automate what Mike (and I too, although I'm no
guru) consider 'real backups'?  If we require media which is
generally off site, or at least not connected to the system, how
can automation be accomplished without manual intervention?

Celejar