Re: Labeling backup DVD+RW's

On 01/14/09 20:01, Chris Jones wrote:
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 05:52:19PM EST, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 01/14/09 15:04, Mike McCarty wrote:
[snip]
This is also much more expensive, if one is doing real backups.
A real backup (as opposed to simply a second copy nearby) is
stored off site. So, one would need to rotate external discs
for this to be a viable backup means. Usually one uses at
least three copies, so one would need three external drives
which one rotated.
But is my home data soooo valuable as to go to that much effort? An external HDD (which you can run out of the house with when the house is on fire) is much easier.

I burn my nightly backups to DVD's and mail them to a fictitious address
in Guam--not first class of course.. and they are diligently returned to
me 2-3 weeks later.

We need photos of the returned packages.

If you visit Grandma's House every Sunday for lunch, then rotation makes some sense.

Since I don't have any older relatives within driving distance I was
thinking of adopting one.

Any recommendations?

Nursing homes are chock full of them.

--