Re: Nspluginwrapper small problem

Still wunt come round it. I tried replacing firefox with iceweasel for the second option but it wunt work still. Uname -all gives Linux debian 2.6.18-6-686 #1 SMP i686 if it makes a difference.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar Appaiah <a.kumar@alumni.iitm.ac.in>
To: Debian-Users List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 3:40 am
Subject: Re: Nspluginwrapper small problem

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:28 AM,  wrote:
I have yesterday just installed Etch(read not confident enough to go
into
Lenny) i386 netinstall on my laptop and the first thing I thought I
would do
is make flashplayer 10 work but it is actually my only remaining
problem
second to wireless. What is the exact target file to place the .so
plugin
and how do i invoke that from the terminal because it doesnt give me
much
allowance to do so the few times I have tried.

Download tha tarball containing Flash (.tgz)
tar zxf install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
mkdir ~/.mozilla/plugins
cp install_flash_player_10_linux/libflashplayer.so ~/.mozilla/plugins

You could also put it in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

Also tried installing nspluginwrapper unsuccessfully I would
appreciate a
redirection to a reliable source anyone.
Apart from editing /etc/apt/sources.list is there any other place I
could
have change to make things rough for nspluginwrapper install. The
flashplayer is ready and unpacked but I cant get around the wrapper.

I think nspluginwrapper is useful is you need to get the x86 Flash
plugin working on an amd64 machine. i386 installations should not need
nspluginwrapper.

HTH.

Kumar
--