Re: Labeling backup DVD+RW's

Paul Cartwright wrote:
I would agree.. I use a $100 500Gb Mybook external as 1-part of my backup scheme. I use rsync and back up my desktop AND my laptop to the external HD. easy to specify folders and use a file for exceptions.

IMO, this is an inadequate strategy. Backup media need to be
stored off-site. Certainly, your external drive needs to remain
unplugged from the power and the computer, at least, for
most of the time. Otherwise the same lightning strike which
takes out your main disc could also clobber your "backup".

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.