Re: Nspluginwrapper small problem

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:28 AM,  wrote:
> I have yesterday just installed Etch(read not confident enough to go into
> Lenny) i386 netinstall on my laptop and the first thing I thought I would do
> is make flashplayer 10 work but it is actually my only remaining problem
> second to wireless. What is the exact target file to place the .so plugin
> and how do i invoke that from the terminal because it doesnt give me much
> allowance to do so the few times I have tried.

Download tha tarball containing Flash (.tgz)
tar zxf install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
mkdir ~/.mozilla/plugins
cp install_flash_player_10_linux/libflashplayer.so ~/.mozilla/plugins

You could also put it in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

> Also tried installing nspluginwrapper unsuccessfully I would appreciate a
> redirection to a reliable source anyone.
> Apart from editing /etc/apt/sources.list is there any other place I could
> have change to make things rough for nspluginwrapper install. The
> flashplayer is ready and unpacked but I cant get around the wrapper.

I think nspluginwrapper is useful is you need to get the x86 Flash
plugin working on an amd64 machine. i386 installations should not need
nspluginwrapper.

HTH.

Kumar
--