Re: VLC not displaying video output

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
Just installed vlc 0.8.6h on lenny amd64 but there's no video output
when playing .avi video that works fine with totem-gstreamer. Already
tried alternating between different output modules in preferences >
video. Suggestion?

I've installed vlc 0.8.6a and almost everything goes OK. May be someone expert in video formats could help, but, as far as I know, avi is kind of video format container, i.e, you can have a number of differents formats in each avi file.
So, probably what you need is the right video decoder.

Hope helps.
Fernando