Re: Startup scripts of Debian Lenny don't perform file system check while on battery power

elektra wrote:
> Hi -
>
> sorry I can't use reportbug because I am not using Debian anymore. Using the
> bug-report search engine I couldn't find a report related to my experience. I
> don't know the name of the Debian package which contains the feature that I
> assume has messed up the data in my ext3 file system.
>
> Here is the story: After an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade my system
> crashed three times while on battery power (supend to RAM which perfectly
> worked before wasn't properly waking up anymore) Subsequently my ext3 file
> system was corrupted in such a way that fsck.ext3 couldn't repair it
> anymore - system gone, some work lost that I couldn't recover from the disc.
[snip]
I think posting this to debian-user in quite pointless. Please forward all above to the
people that really can judge: Debian sysvinit maintainers
<pkg-sysvinit-devel AT lists.alioth.debian.org>.

Ukrainian C++ developer, Debian Maintainer, APT contributor