Total Packages in Sid?

Hi,

I just got curious and I decided to count the total number of packages (across all architectures and all branch - main, contrib, non-free) in the current Sid branch.

Here is what I did:

1. Downloaded the file:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/allpackages?format=txt.gz

2. and then give the command:
wc -l allpackages.txt
30454

3. Subtract 6 (because of the header in the beginning) from the total that you get.

So is it correct to say that Debian Sid has around 30448 (roughly) packages?

I would like to know if this method is correct or not/

Thanks

Kushal Koolwal

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009