Re: destroying one's account, the easy way?

On 01/12/09 12:56, Florian Mickler wrote:
[snip]

That resulted in landing in a complete new gnome-environment. and as
she is a beginner at computers and of age, she couldn't cope
with her computer anymore. So, my question, dear reader: Is there a way to shield her from doing smth like that again? What are the kde-safeguards for moving the homefolder (which is easy
enough, if you are not so confident with mouse-handling)?

Teach her how to use hot-keys?

What are the big Do's and Don'ts if you setup a linux desktop for
senior beginners?

Sit with her and create subfolders with names that she's happy with for downloads, My_Documents, etc, etc. Then configure Tbird, FF, OOo, etc, to save their files there. There should then be less need for "clean up".

Also, there should be a way in konq to suppress dot-files.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA