Re: Celestia, Kstars, Etc.

On 01/12/09 13:34, Daryl Styrk wrote:
David Baron wrote:
Just bought my daughter a telescope. It came a "cybersky" program which would not install using wine. Of course, there are native Linux programs around, Celestia and Kstars.

Kstars is simple soooo slooooow as to be unusable. Celestia, on the other hand, performs quite well, even with my "legacy" Nvidia card. Only problem is that most of the planet images are blank, simply a light disk. Must be missing something. Where do get the data? Installed off Sid.

I've used kstars, I didn't find it slow at all.. What exactly was slow
about it?

Maybe he needs more RAM?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.