Re: Speeding up Debian Boot

> The way I see it, Vista might boot a lil' faster, but it's worth the wait for Debian. It might be a bit embarrassing to have Vista boot faster, but at least you don't have to be embarrassed after it's up and running....unlike Vista.
>
> Just my humble opinion. Debian ROCKS.
> Regards.

Last time I saw a Vista machine boot, it might have made it to the
'desktop' faster, but it was in no way close to being done.. I believe
they have just spread out the services that start up and let as many as
possible start while your logging in.. But then again, I wasn't really
paying attention nor do I care to go and play with it..

So I guess its a race to see some graphics or have a mouse respond.