Re: Speeding up Debian Boot

Dean Chester wrote:
> Hi
> Is there anyway i can speed up debians boot time. Its embarrassing that
> Vista boots up quicker than debian.
> Dean

I use nullmailer instead of Exim since I don't need/want to run a mail
server and I bring up my networks (wi-fi, lan) manually when I want them.

I used bum to stop stuff I didn't feel I want and that helped also.

My Toshiba laptop seems to boot in under 30 seconds now.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman’s perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/