Re: Help with u tube video streaming

On Mon January 12 2009, Howard Eisenberger wrote:
> It is my understanding that clive does not convert .flv to .mp4,
> but downloads the higher resolution .mp4 directly from Youtube
> if that format exists. "clive -L" will download the lower res
> .flv.
>
> Substantially more CPU is required to play .mp4 than .flv.

man clive:
 -r FORMAT, --reencode=FORMAT
               This  causes  clive  to  call ffmpeg to re-encode the
downloaded  video to another FORMAT. The FORMAT can be anything as  long  as
ffmpeg recognizes it.

               Note  that if "--play" is being used and the value is other
than "src", you don't need to use this option. For example:

                 % clive --play=mpg URL

               config: reencode_format

--
Paul Cartwright