Re: serial port program

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 16:47:50 +0900, J.H.Kim (frog1120@gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi, everyone
>
> Is there serial program like windows hypertermal in debian other than
> minicom?
> When I use minicom, it is killed after being received non-ascii characters.
> I want to serial program to minitor rs-232 which shows ascii characters
> and hex data.

I do not know anything about it, but an apt-cache search came up with
the 'cutecom' package:

$ aptitude show cutecom
Package: cutecom
New: yes
State: not installed
Version: 0.14.1-2
Cutecom is a graphical serial terminal, like minicom. It is aimed mainly
at hardware developers or other people who need a terminal to talk to
their devices. It features lineoriented interface instead of
character-oriented, xmodem, ymodem, zmodem support (requires the lrzsz
package) and hexadecimal input and output among other things. It is
written using the Qt library by Trolltech www.trolltech.com).

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.