Re: howto make root emacs open in X

ssh -X root@localhost

> I've had this setup in the past ... possibly not on a debian OS so I
> know it can work with some minor setup.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get this to happen?

I don't emacs as root, i use tramp... simply open a file you want to
open as root with /sudo:: or /su:: prefixed. You will be prompted for a
password, and can then edit the file from your user's emacs.

-t

--
They look at me funny; they think I twitch a lot. I'm not twitching. I'm
controlling my impulse to snag my 9mm Sig-Sauer out from my day-pack and