Re: i386 vs amd64 revisited (was Re: Lenny: which arch for a Intel Core 2 Duo?)

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 01:23:32AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 01/06/09 23:15, Chris Bannister wrote:
>> I'm now running full amd64 and notice there is no crafty package[1] I
>> normally compile crafty from source anyway (to get the latest version)
>> but am getting errors even doing that. On i386 on this exact same
>> machine it compiled fine.
>
> I think that's an issue for crafty-devel.

crafty-list actually, and yeah, I intend to take up the issue there once
I look into it more closely.

>> [1] Thought a package was supposed to compile on all architectures.
>
> It is, theoretically.  But the package has been orphaned, and it's been

I remember reading something about that, and I notice the lenny i386
version is no longer available.

> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/games/crafty
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/crafty.html
> http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=crafty

Thanks for the links. You bet me to it. :)

--
Chris.
======