Re: Help with u tube video streaming

On Friday 2009 January 09 18:14:31 Adrian Levi wrote:
>2009/1/10 Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com>:
>> On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 10:38:34PM +0000, Chris S wrote:
>>> Hello everyone genius type people,
>>> Can you help, I don't know much about computers (in comparison to you
>>> guys)
>>>
>>> they ran perfectlly but now the video is very 'jerky'. I am unsure about
>>> the further details you require and so instead of guessing could you let
>>> me know what you need (and maybe how to find it) I will send you the
>>> details. I have googled myself to near insanity but cannot find anything
>>> that directly helps. My apologies if I'm not being clear or doing
>>> something wrong.
>>
>> I'm not trying to say something completely useless here, but perhaps you
>> should try updated to Lenny? Etch is soon to be an unsupported version
>> of Debian.

Not true.  oldstable still gets support for a least a few months, to give
system administrators time to schedule and complete an upgrade to stable.

>Yes it is soon to be oldstable but security fixes will still apply to
>it for some time.

For example, Etch became stable on 2007-04-08, but there was another update to
Sarge on 2007-12-28, and it didn't completely drop from security support
until at least 2008-02-29, and had it's final update on 2008-04-13, more than
a year after the Etch release.

Generally, as long a security supports it bp.org will still provide new
software for it, from time to time.

Still, Lenny actually has fewer RC bugs than Etch, so it is probably worth the
upgrade.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))