Re: Help with u tube video streaming

2009/1/10 Chris S <cbs108uk@googlemail.com>:

> Well a few have said this but at least one has said upgrading may not be
> requried, I have no problem doing this if this is required.

I said that.

I am a believer in fix one problem at a time. Find out why your frame
rates are bad before you possibly introduce more problems that you
have to deal with then still fix the original problem that your trying
to struggle with.

Etch is stable, many if not all of the problems with it have been
encountered and fixed already. You can be reasonably sure that any
problems you encounter are going to be a configuration issue instead
of faulty software.

Lenny is soon to be stable, works well and most likely you won't have
any problems with it, I don't believe that updating the OS when the
root cause is yet to be found is a sound course of action. Of course
you can install anything you like and it's relatively easy to
reinstall to fix problems while you are learning a new operating
system.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes, we all have (and do) and above all,
don't let Linux intimidate you.

IMHO picking Debian as a first Linux distribution is a good choice as
things aren't hidden from you - when you encounter a problem you will
see what goes on behind the scenes and learn how to fix it.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.