Re: k3b & brasero don't work, nerolinux does- works ar 2X

On 01/09/2009 Joerg Schilling wrote:

Hi,

> It does not make sense to inform you about these details.

It is a pity you see it like that, see below.

> The people who are responsible for the violations and the redistributors are
> informed, they know that they are in conflit GPL and  and that
> cdrkit cannot be legally distributed.

Well, if the software is distributed by Debian and if the developers of
that package are ignoring a violation of GPL and / or laws about
intellectual property, then it is a serious case that affects all Debian
users.

I am willing to use the (little) weight I have to stop such a violation.
But before I start a lobby to stop the involvement of Debian with such a
software, I would like to be able to judge myself the validity of your
claim. So I ask you to make the details of your claim public. I can read
/ speak German and don't mind to dive into German laws on intellectual
property.

> I try to avoid suing people but I am not willing to tolerate violations forever.
> The related people need to understand that they need to follow the lawful rules.
> If they don't, they will be sued at some time....

You are right that it is the best to avoid suing people. Fortunately
there is a whole world between tolerating violations and suing. Mobilize
people to support your case. And that can in this situation easyly be
achieved by giving all legal details, so people can see your claim is
justified. With enough people supporting you (inside and outside the
Debian project), you don't have to tolerate violations and you don't
have to sue anybody.

So please give us a chance to judge your claims ourselves, you can win a
lot by doing so.

Best wishes,

Winfried Tilanus

--