Re: alt key is not working in terminals

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 02:17:41PM -0600, lostson wrote:

>  Hello I have recently updated my lenny system and now the Alt key
>  is not working in my terminals. I can get it to work in Xterm using
>  the
>
> XTerm*eightBitInput: false
>
> I have noticed this mrxt and Xterm Unicode as well this seems to be
> system wide where would I look to repair this. It must be some global
> config or something that got messed up ? Thanks.

 Hi. I've had the same problem in a Xterm (where is my Emacs M-x!!!),
 and put the same line in .Xresources and do not. At the end.. the
 solution was push  [CTRL] + MouseLeftButton -> set 'Meta Sends Escape'

 Yes, my Emacs M-x came back to me (:

--
Porqu�oitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"\
\ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
 X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \