Re: k3b & brasero don't work, nerolinux does- works ar 2X

Joerg Schilling writes:
> Well, I did discuss the problems with a German specialized lawyer who is
> also active on the OSS community and it turns out that I am of course
> able to sue the people behind wodim for more than violation.

> The people behind wodim do not follow the conditions of the GPL and they
> do not follow the conditions in the higher worthy Urbebertrechts law.

> Whether the name is used directly or via a symlink does not matter. The
> original names are used without permission and in addition, there are
> other Copyright violations.

Are you threatening to file a lawsuit?  If so, against who, for what, and
in what jurisdiction?

> Noone at Debian is able to sue people because they do not own the needed
> rights on the software.

Why do you imagine that anyone at Debian has any desire to file suit over
this?  It is not Debian that is alleging copyright infringement.
--
John Hasler