Re: Local Language (Localization)

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 03:23:27PM +0700, Zaki Akhmad wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I come from Indonesia. I see Ubuntu already package Indonesian
> language. How do I activate Indonesian language on Debian?

  You can read The Debian Reference Guide:

  9.7 Localization (l10n)

  Debian is internationalized, offering support for a growing number of
  languages and local usage conventions. The next subsection lists some
  of the forms of diversity that Debian currently supports, and the
  following subsections discuss localization, the process of customizing
  your working environment to allow current input and output of your
  chosen language(s) and conventions for dates, numeric and monetary
  formats, and other aspects of a system that differ according to your region.

  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tune.en.html#s-l10n

--
Porqu�oitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"\
\ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
 X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \