Re: Labeling backup DVD+RW's

[Chris - sorry for the accidental direct reply]

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 22:52 -0500, Chris Jones wrote:

> Actually, I've never bought a Sharpie in my life to be honest - I only use
> pencils. But it looks like they're inexpensive & that my local Staples might
> have them.
>
> Do they have an eraser to go with that .. or do I use rubbing alcohol?

I'd be tempted to just write on something that never needs erasing -
either a name that makes sense in a repeating cycle (eg 'Monday',
'Tuesday' etc) or just an index number, and keep a separate record of
which disk you need for which date. Otherwise you increase the risk of
damaging the disk.

Just my thoughts.

Richard