Re: How to request a resurrection of a debian package ?

Hello,
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Eugene V. Lyubimkin
<jackyf.devel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Javier Barroso wrote:
>> Hi list,
> Hello Javier,
>>
>> I was looking for dcc, and then I read about it was a debian package,
>> but it was removed because of a security hole [1].
>>
>> Researching, this security hole was fixed in upstream latter debian
>> removed it from its archive [2]
>> 2) create a new RFP bug, it is fine ?
> Yes, but... in the bug thread release team stated that modern versions of dcc package was
> non-free. If it's still true for now it would be not easy deal to resurrect dcc in Debian.
> But you can always try.
I didn't read all the second comment in bug link. If license [1] is
not free then is not good for debian, and it is a joke to do a RFP.

Thank you for clarifications

Debian Roks!

[1] http://www.rhyolite.com/dcc/LICENSE