Re: [OT] mailing lists versus usenet / reply to list, reply-to, reply

On Jan 6, 2009, at 12:30 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:

On Tue January 6 2009, hose wrote:
These days people seem to enjoy posting their config files online with
screenshots, so you can see what you get.  It's usually a good
starting place.  I suppose this is why people call mutt a frontend to
a config file.

http://wiki.mutt.org/?ConfigList

I'll look that over, thanks!

After that, check out the newbie guide to start tweaking.

http://wiki.mutt.org/index.cgi?MuttGuide
hmm, I looked for and found this:
http://wiki.mutt.org/?MuttGuide/UseIMAP

sinec I am more concerned about my IMAP accounts..

The curve is a bit steep at first, but it's well worth it in the end.
yeah, I can see that.. in kmail I have over 200 filters.. that will be the
hardest part...

I use mutt purely in an IMAP client capacity even though the mailstore is actually on the localhost; once you figure out how to navigate the IMAP folder tree it works fine.

I've never done email filtering in mutt though, so I can't speak to that. I use procmail instead, which is not nearly as enjoyable to configure as mutt, but works for server-side autofiltering into mailbox folders.