Re: [OT] mailing lists versus usenet / reply to list, reply-to, reply

On Jan 6, 2009, at 6:37 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:

On Tue January 6 2009, Michelle Konzack wrote:
I am using "mutt" since 9 years now and currently I have open four XTerm
running "mutt".  There is nothing which does not work on it.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening

I used pine 20 years ago, but I don't think I've ever tried mutt. starting mutt, and doing "?" showed page after page of cryptic keyboard commands, but i didn't see anything that told how to setup account, like IMAP accounts..
where would one go to find a good HOW-TO..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

I used to use pine too - loved it. I switched to mutt shortly after college at the encouragement of a number of coworkers. It was unfortunately terrible for the first couple hours. Then someone gave me their .muttrc and it was like the whole program transformed instantly into a powerhouse. After that, you start tweaking the config file slowly, and you eventually learn a good amount of ins and outs.

These days people seem to enjoy posting their config files online with screenshots, so you can see what you get. It's usually a good starting place. I suppose this is why people call mutt a frontend to a config file.

http://wiki.mutt.org/?ConfigList

After that, check out the newbie guide to start tweaking.

http://wiki.mutt.org/index.cgi?MuttGuide

The curve is a bit steep at first, but it's well worth it in the end.