Re: Debian AMD64

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
I just got my Compaq laptop CQ40-115AU and I want to install Lenny
AMD64. What's the different if I use AMD64 instead of i386. My main
use of laptop is for word processing and virtualization.

Can any of AMD64 user share their experience or perhaps a bit of advice?

No problems here really. For a working java plugin for iceweasel in amd64 you have to install icedtea-gcjwebplugin

To get a pdf plugin for iceweasel you have to install acroread mozilla-acroread nspluginwrapper from debian multimedia repos. However the bugs in mozilla-acroread https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/acroread/+bug/236219 are worsened by the amd64 environment

Sam