Re: OT: IP of computer sending message

Thierry Chatelet wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to get the IP of the computer sending message, using Kopete?

I am receiving messages from someone who must have highjack my brother ID. I know that the messages dont come from his machine (I first thought it could be as he is running W$) because I phoned him and his computer is shut down.

Thanks

All of these instant messaging protocols connect to a central server to send and receive messages. The ip address you will see from an incoming message will be the address of the central server. The only time 2 message clients will bypass this central server is during a file transfer or web cam session.

Sam